Hemp Crop Insurance
Protecting you every step in the crop lifecycle - and beyond
Domestic farmers more than quadrupled the land planted with hemp in 2019, thanks to the 2018 Farm Bill legalizing industrial hemp. Both large agribusinesses and small farmers alike are embracing this new opportunity. From building materials to food, beauty and health products, and CBD, this newest commodity has high earning potential.
But, as with any emerging market, the risks are everywhere, from planting to harvesting to storage to transportation – and even manufacturing. You need hemp crop insurance coverage that will protect each step in your hemp crop lifecycle – and beyond.
Through our combined expertise in both agricultural and cannabis sectors, HUB brokers understand your unique risks. We’ve been in the forefront offering some of the first hemp crop insurance options for high value hemp grown in the open air.
Hemp crop insurance tailored to your unique needs
When you work with us, you have access to insurance brokers and risk services consultants who specialize in your industry. We will help you secure the appropriate coverages and risk mitigation strategies for harvest, extreme weather, crop storage, transportation, manufacturing, along with guidance on the latest state, provincial, or federal regulations. Our goal is give you a risk transfer strategy so you can pursue your goals and grow your business.
- Property and crop insurance
- Commercial general liability
- Management liability including D&O, crime and employment practices liability
- Product liability and product recall
- Equipment breakdown
- Business auto including hired and non-owned
- Care, custody and control coverage for distributors transporting third party goods
- Surety bonds
- Workers’ compensation
- Regulatory compliance assistance
- Worker safety and security
- Operational hazard and site security assessments
- Business continuity and emergency response planning
- Transportation and fleet safety management
- US/Canada cross-border business challenges
- Claims management and advocacy services
- Small business benefit packages
- Strategic benefits planning
- Voluntary benefits
- Executive benefits
- Health & Performance
- HR and Employment Law consulting (US only)
Protect Your Harvest
How parametric-rated insurance protects your hemp crop from weather-related disasters