Let's protect your business, your reputation and your crew.
Subcontractor Insurance: Hands-on Insurance for a Hands-on Industry
Electrical. Plumbing. Masonry. Painting. Roofing. And a whole lot more. Whatever goes into a construction project, you’re the one on the ground doing it — and making sure it’s done right.
And when you’re responsible for the task at hand, you’re responsible for all the associated risks too.
The insurance you need right now
Whether you’re working on site prep, or in artisan or other licensed trades, our subcontractor insurance experts can help keep you on track with solutions for:
- Property and casualty coverage
- Employee health and voluntary benefits
- Surety bonds
In addition, we’ll work with you to develop subcontractor insurance and surety solutions for the top risks and challenges you face — before, during and after a job well done.
Protection for your top risks
Manage your total cost of risk with solutions designed to address:
- Workers’ compensation: We can help you meet your compliance requirements and influence your experience modification rate, while lowering your costs.
- Construction defect: We can help protect you when and if you face claims of negligence in the construction of a structure or building.
- General liability: We can help you protect your company from potentially ruinous lawsuits that can arise from accidents or allegations of negligence.
- Environmental liability: If there is an environmental incident connected to hazardous waste disposal or hazardous materials handling, we can help protect your company from potentially ruinous costs related to lawsuits, remediation and decontamination, or business interruption losses.
- Inland marine exposures: We know risks posed to your contractor’s tools, equipment and materials, and can provide the coverage you need to protect yourself against potential loss.
- Professional liability: If you’re participating in design/build or design assist, or offering value engineering or design services, professional liability insurance will protect you against charges of errors, omission or negligence that could destroy your reputation — and your business.
Solutions for your top challenges
Our subcontractor insurance specialists will assist you in managing your total cost of risk with solutions that address:
- Surety bond program management: Once you qualify, we’ll help you increase your surety bond program’s capacity, so you can bid on more and larger projects. We can also help you secure better surety bond terms, with rate structures and indemnity requirements that match your surety needs.
- Skilled worker shortages: Your HUB subcontractor insurance broker can help you attract and retain top talent by advising you on which employee benefits to offer; we’ll also advise you on better ways to handle workers’ compensation claims and on tactics for helping injured employees return to work sooner.
- Change orders: It can be a struggle to reconcile change orders with your original contract. We’ll help with contract reviews that reveal potential risks and liabilities.
- Staying on the project site: If you can’t gain access to, or remain on, a project site, you can face delays and penalties. We offer quick, accurate certificate of insurance issuance and contract reviews, so you can respond to any request from your clients in a timely manner.