Public Advocacy Organization Insurance
Public Advocacy Organization Insurance
Let us secure your coverage—so you can continue to create lasting change.
Keep Moving Forward With the Right Coverage
Public advocates work tirelessly to improve society by lobbying for grassroots causes, shaping debate on important issues, and influencing policy. Your power to create lasting change is an invaluable service to the public, yet the path to success is laden with risk. Our brokers specialize in securing comprehensive public advocacy organization insurance that protects your employees, volunteers, and mission.
Protect your causes from a myriad of risks
We have experience with public advocacy organizations that champion a range of causes, from social justice to environmental conservation. In an increasingly complex risk environment, we make sure your particular cause is protected from the core threats most nonprofits face, including:
- Cyber risk – Secure your network from breaches, sophisticated phishing scams, and other cyber-crimes that endanger private data.
- Media liability – Safeguard against liability associated with your online, print, audio, video, broadcast, and other published content.
- Management liability – Protect your organization against executive risks related to asset management, grant-making, employment-related offenses, and more.
- Entertainment risk – Ensure public safety at your events and protect your revenue stream from losses associated with unexpected cancellations.
- Business auto risk – Protect your employees and volunteers against liability associated with fleet operations, rentals, and business use of personal vehicles
- Workers’ compensation – Reduce occupational injury costs, including wage loss, medical expenses, and other state-prescribed benefits.
We strengthen your public advocacy organization insurance through relationships with insurers that have a proven legacy of excellence in your sector. You’ll not only have the appropriate coverage for protection but also a reliable carrier that will provide peace of mind.
Tailor your coverage for unique exposures
There are as many exposures to risk as there are outlets for public advocacy. In addition to core policies, we recommend protection against unique risks associated with activism, volunteerism, and canvassing.
Risks associated with social activism
Whether you promote your causes at universities, public demonstrations, or private gatherings, participant safety and security are primary concerns. In today’s tense sociopolitical climate, even peaceful assemblies can quickly lead to civil unrest. We can help you develop a crisis management plan that addresses venue ingress and egress, security, staffing, and crisis communications.
Risks associated with volunteerism and canvassing
Volunteers and canvassers are the driving force of grassroots activism, yet their actions can create liability for the organizations they serve. These individuals also risk injury from vehicular accidents and assault while publicizing causes on your behalf. In managing your public advocacy organization insurance, we can help protect your people, operations, and reputation through risk services including:
- Development of volunteer recruitment, screening, and training
- Development of volunteer supervision standards and policies
- Risk management for large events
Schedule your evaluation with specialists
We recognize that every public advocacy organization is different. HUB brokers get to know your unique business model in order to eliminate misconceptions and present your risk to insurers in the most favorable light. Whether you’re established or just launching your business, risk is unavoidable. We’ll work with you to secure broad, cost-effective public advocacy organizations insurance that propels your mission forward.